About The "Shelter Blankets" We Give
Our commitment is that with each Throwbee or Kona Pet Blanket you buy, we give a shelter dog a blanket. But what is this 'blanket' that is donated to shelter dogs?? Is it a Throwbee? Nope. Is it a Kona Pet Blanket? Nope. It's a "Shelter Blanket" specifically designed by our team to serve the particular needs of rescue organizations, shelters, and the animal in their care. Our shelter blankets that we donate not only give the animals comfort as they await forever homes, but also to bring more colorful appeal to the shelter environment as potential adopters visit hopefully increasing the chances of a wonderful pup being adopted.
The importance of our blankets to shelter dogs:
- Gives these pups a sense of security, something that they can call their own
- Provides insulation from the hard floor both in winter and in summer
- Cushions joints and bones, also aids in injury recovery
- Controls the spread of hair, dirt, and dander
Our "Shelter Blanket" is:
- A brand new colorful fleece blanket that brings much needed comfort and warmth to shelter animals
- A durable fleece that can withstand the high heat of industrial washing machines and dryers commonly used by animal organizations
- A generous size that is large enough to accommodate big dogs yet compact enough to store in closets, on shelves, or in rescue vehicles. The "Shelter Blankets" are 50"x50" or 50"x40".
- Created in calming colors specifically blue, purple, and pink which register as soothing shades of blue to a dog's visual capabilities. While dogs are not capable of seeing ALL colors, they are capable of seeing different shades of blues, yellows, and grays. Being conscious of what colors we place in animal surroundings, the shelter blanket colors we chose encourage relaxation, tranquility, and calm. See below.
You, our customers, are the ones that help make the difference. It is though your purchases that we are able to deliver comfort to shelter dogs. Thank you for loving our throwbee and Kona Pet Blanket and for being part of our heartwarming mission.
See our "HOW WE GIVE" page to learn more about WHY we give, WHERE we give, and HOW it all happens.